A Letter From Mom and Dad



My child,
When i get old,
I hope you understand 
And have patience with me...

In case i break a plate
Or spill soup on the table 
Because I’m loosing my eyesight,
I hope you don’t yell at me
Older people are sensitive
...Always having selfpity when you yell

When my hearing gets worse
And i can’t hear what you’re saying,
I hope you don’t call me “Deaf!”
Please repeat what you said or write it down..

I”m sorry, my child... 
I’m getting older
When my knees get weaker,
I hope you have the patience to help me get up
Like how i used to help you while you were a little
Learning how to walk..

Please bear with me
When i keep repeating myself
Like a broken record
I hope you just keep listening to me
Please don’t make a fun of me
Or get sick of listening to me
Do you remember when you were little
And you wanted a balloon
You repeated yourself over and over
Until you got what you wanted

...please also pardon my smell
I smell like an old person
Please don’t force me to shower
My body is weak
Old people get sick easily when they are cold
I hope i don’t gross you out
Do you remember when you were a little
I used to chase you around
Because you didn’t want to shower

I hope you can be patient with me
When i’m always cranky
It’s a part of getting old
You’ll understand when you’re older...

And if you have spare time,
I hope we can talk
Even for a few minutes
I’m always all by myself all the time
And have no one to talk to...
I know you’re busy with work
Even if you’re not interested in my stories,
Please have time for me
Do you remember when you were  alittle
I used to listen to your stories
About your teddy bear


When the time comes, 
and i get ill and bedridden,
I hope you have the patience to take care of me.
I’m sorryIf i accidentally wet the bed or make a mess

I hope you have the patience to take care of me during the last few moments of my life
I’m not going to last much longer anyway...

When the time of my death comes,
I hope you hold my hand
And give me the strength to face death

And don’t worry
When i finally meet our Creator
I will whisper in His ear
...to BLESS you

Because you loved your mom and dad

Thank you so much for your care
We love you.

With much love,
Mom and dad




*a breath holder and tears dropper poet
Mianhae, maaf, please forgive me,Mom.
It’s always about the stupid me.

Happy mother’s Day. I love you.

source: you can see the video here 

0 komentar:

Post a Comment